Withdraw from Scroll to Goerli
- 1.First, switch to the Scroll L2 network in your wallet.
- 2.In the bridge app, make sure that Scroll L2 is on top, and Goerli is on the bottom. You can click the "↓" button to switch the positions.
- 3.Select the token (
ETH) that you want to transfer from Scroll L2 to Goerli.
- 4.If this is your first time transferring an ERC20 token, you need to Approve the L2 Bridge contract to access your ERC20 token.
- 5.Next, click the Send button to make the withdrawal. Your wallet will pop up a window asking for confirmation of the transfer transaction.
- 6.Once the transfer transaction is sent and confirmed, the token will be deducted from your Scroll L2 wallet.
The transferred token will arrive in your Goerli wallet after the Scroll L2 block containing this withdrawal transaction is
Finalized. On the Alpha Testnet, it will take tens of minutes to a few hours for a Scroll L2 block to be finalized, but we expect this time to be significantly lower on Mainnet.
The rollup status
Finalizedindicates that the correct execution of transactions in this block has been proven by verifying a validity proof on-chain on Goerli. For more information about rollup status, see Scroll's Architecture Overview.
You can check the progress of withdrawal transactions as follows:
1. Click your wallet address at the top-right corner of the Bridge web app.
The pop-up panel lists the most recent transactions you made in the Bridge app (see the image below). There are two statuses: L1 status and L2 status. In this case, because we are bridging from L2 -> L1, we will quickly get a
successstatus after submitting the transaction to the L2 Bridge. L1, on the other hand, takes 10 minutes to a few hours to reach
2. Click on the most recent transaction’s L2 transaction hash:
It will open the Transaction Details page in a new tab. You can see this transaction is confirmed on L2.
The transaction is confirmed on L2, but still needs to be finalized on Goerli.
3. Go back to the Bridge app. It takes about 10 minutes before the token shows up in your Goerli wallet. Once your transaction status shows success on L2, you should see the funds in your Goerli wallet and a transaction hash: