Deposit from Goerli to Scroll
- 1.First, switch to the Goerli network in your wallet.
- 2.In the bridge app, ensure that Goerli is on top and Scroll Alpha is on the bottom. You can click the "↓" button to switch the positions.
- 3.Select the token that you want to transfer from Goerli to Scroll Alpha.
- 4.If this is your first time transferring an ERC20 token, you need to Approve the Goerli Bridge contract to access your ERC20 token.
- 5.Next, click the Send button to make the deposit. Your wallet will pop up a window asking for confirmation of the transfer transaction.
- 6.Once the transfer transaction is sent and confirmed, the token will be deducted from your Goerli wallet.
It could take between 8 to 14 minutes (awaiting block to become Safe on Goerli) before the token shows up in your Scroll Alpha wallet. You can check the progress of deposit transactions as follows:
- 1.Click your wallet address at the top-right corner of the Bridge web app.
The pop-up panel lists the most recent transactions that you made in the Bridge app (see the image below). There are two statuses: L1 status and L2 status. For deposit transactions (L1 -> L2), once your transaction becomes Safe on Goerli (8 to 14 minutes), you will see the
successstatus shown. Your funds will be relayed to L2 after this.
- 2.Click on the most recent transaction’s Goerli transaction hash:
It will open the Transaction Details page in a new tab. You can see this transaction is confirmed on Goerli.
- 3.Go back to the Bridge app. Once your transaction status shows
successon L2, you should see the funds in your Scroll L2 wallet and a transaction hash: